15 Video Tips for Staying Fit AT Work
The last thing most of us want to do when finished with the work day is go to the gym. Now you don’t have to make that trek with these 15 tips for staying fit all within the confines of your workspace.
Workouts are best when seen rather than read. Watch these videos on pilates, yoga, running, and more.
- Can Ten Minutes Change Your Life?: Dr. Toni Yancey of UCLA’s School of Public Health says that even ten minutes a day can be a trigger for more lasting healthy changes. In this interview for NPR, this new micro exercise movement is discussed, along with its benefits.
- Jillian Michaels’ Mini Workouts: From internationally renowned trainer Jillian Michaels come this series of short workout videos. Many of these can be performed in a short time, with little or no equipment. Get workouts for your arms, legs, abs, and much more.
- How to Do Office Yoga: Lena Koontz had been studying and teaching yoga for over ten years. In these free how to videos, you’ll learn tips and techniques for yoga stretching exercises you can do in the office. With 17 in the series, you can find poses for your neck, shoulders, spine, wrist, legs, and more to relieve stress at your desk.
- Desk Pilates: Complete Workout: Do pilates like a pro without leaving your desk. Instructor Eleanor Gomez demonstrates a simple workout that will help prevent repetitive strain injury, strengthen your spine, and make sitting, working, and playing more comfortable.
- Resolution Solution: This series of workout videos is ideal for those who want to build rather than maintain an exercise routine. For those who would like a simple workout, start with strength and toning which can be done at the office or home. Those who would like more have the option to build a more complex routine.
- 15-Minute Desk Workout: Coach Nicole shows you this simple workout without the need for exercise equipment. She shows you exercise techniques using only your weight and a stationary chair. You can also get a print out of this routine to take to work.
- How to Massage Away a Headache: One of the most common ailments of the workplace is a headache. Learn these simple techniques from a licensed massage therapist to avoid or relieve a headache.
- 4 Minute Death Squat Workout: For advanced users only, this brief workout will have beginners straining. It is a continual set of power squats for four minutes. Those who can master this workout can expect a leaner, toner lower body.
- Packed Purses can Cause Neck Pain: Learn how to avoid this common problem for women who carry heavy purses, or men who carry hefty bags. Doctors and experts weigh in on this problem, as well as offer alternatives.
- Desk Stretch: Trainer Kendell Hogan from ExerciseTV shows you this technique. Whether at work or at home, use these easy and effective exercises to stretch and rejuvenate throughout the day. Perfect when waiting for large downloads or a slow printer.
- Tricep Dips: Cindy shows you how to do this simple exercise using just a chair. In this short video, you will learn how to tighten and strengthen your upper arms.
- One Mile Walk: Have a free lunch hour? Then learn how to pack the most into a short walk with boosters. There are also links to videos for more advanced walkers going for two or three miles.
- The Center Space Ten Minute Lunch Break: This ten minute lesson gives you simple yet effective pilates exercises. Abdominals are focused on, as well as other areas. There is also a link to the second part of this workout.
- How to do Basic Deskercise: This short video will teach you how to maximize your downtime or lunch hour. It will teach you simple stretching and breathing exercises. It also has tips to relieve the stress of staring at a computer screen.
- Lose Weight on Your Lunch Break: Megan shows you how to do a fast, effective workout you can do in one hour. In this short video, she shows you how to do various sprints. You can also learn how to do rowing, along with other exercises for those who can sneak to the gym during lunch.
Whether you are just starting a workout routine or developing an existing one, these 50 entries will have you doing everything from exercising to eating better to relieving stress in no time