10 Easy Ways to Live a Green Life
How big is your carbon footprint? Here are 10 simple things all of us can do to reduce our environmental impact.
- Decrease landfill waste by recycling.
- Pay bills online to save paper and gas used in mailing
- Use low-energy or compact fluorescent light bulbs and keep lights and appliances turned off when not in use.
- Use a cloth or other kind of reusable shopping bag instead of paper or plastic bags
- Start a compost pile for kitchen scraps.
- Purchase items that have less packaging, or even better, packaging made from recycled paper or other materials.
- Have junk mail stopped.
- Use cloth napkins and towels, not paper.
- Take shorter showers to save water
- walk, carpool, ride a bike or use public transportation, when possible.